Mochovce 3&4 construction
- one of the three projects of nuclear power plants currently under construction in Europe
- the largest private investment in the history of Slovakia
- 2/3 of works on site is performed by Slovak companies
- 90% of the population around power plant is in favour of the completion of Units 3&4
- each unit will have 471 MWe output
- annual production of two units will save over 7 million tonnes of CO2 emissions
Construction progress at Mochovce NPP units 3&4
1st quarter 2015
- Insulation of tanks for the emergency feedwater system.
- Erection of horizontal and vertical cable trays in the turbine hall of unit 3 +9.6 m.
- Erection of ventilation in the ancillary building continued.
- Pipelines and pumps for boron concentrate were added.
- Erection of stainless steel lining of the spent fuel pool.
- Demineralized water system was installed for turbogenerator TG41.
- Erection of the steam separator in the turbine hall of unit 4 continued.
- Pipelines and valves for residual heat removal were erected in the turbine hall of unit 3.
- Welding of stainless steel lining of the spent fuel pool.
2nd quarter 2015
- Erection of 688 anchoring plates in unit 3 and 1 588 plates in unit 4.
- 386 out of 396 rooms in the reactor building were prepared for the erection of technology in unit 3.
- Hydrotests concerning the fire water lines on the conventional island of unit 3 were completed. Installation of smoke detectors in the I&C rooms was completed as well.
- In the conventional part of unit 4, construction test of emergency demineralized water tank was carried out.
3rd quarter 2015
- Construction test and hydrotest of the tank (emergency feedwater system for steam generators).
- Construction works were carried out following the erection of fire flaps and freon pipelines in two rooms.
- In the ancillary building, 140 rooms out of 155 were prepared for the erection of technology.
- Functional tests of the cooling water system were carried out.
- The construction of anti-aircraft barriers continued.
- Concrete works in the common diesel generator station continued.
- We delivered a new TG32 turbogenerator for unit 3.
- Hydrostatic tests of the sealing of the spent fuel pool lining were carried out.
- Completion of Full Scope Simulator site acceptance testing.
- Commencement of functional tests of medium voltage switchboards at Mochovce Power Plant Unit 3.
- Unit 3 Control Rooms (main control room, emergency control room, common control room) assembled for start of Commissioning activities.
- Start of Mochovce 3&4 operators training at the Full Scope Simulator; following the completion of licensing process for operators training by the Nuclear Regulatory Authority of the Slovak Republic.
- Submission of "Pre-Operational Safety Analysis Report" to the Nuclear Regulatory Authority of the Slovak Republic. The document is the key for authorization of Fuel Loading to Unit 3.
- Unit 3 Main Control System: 90 % of internal cabling of Unit 3 Main Control System (total: 9.000 cables) completed.
- Unit 3 Nuclear Island: Civil Readiness of over 90 % of NI rooms needed for Unit 3 Commissioning. Instrumentation room (1 out of 3) with impulse lines, penetrations impulse lines and racks completed. The room is ready for the installation of the instruments. Radioactive waste treatment piping installed.
- Reactor hall civil works completed which is the first step towards Strict Clean Conditions required for Reactor internals works.
- Unit 3 Conventional Island: First phase of 6kV busbars commissioning completed. Mechanical completion of the main systems (non-essential and essential service water, main steam, feed-water, condensate, high and low pressure air systems). Up to 100 km of main cable trays erected (100 %).
- As of the end of 2014, the Unit 3 was 81% and the Unit 4 was 63% completed.
- Civil readiness of Unit 3 Nuclear island critical rooms.
- Completed the Detailed Design of Unit 3 Anchoring Plates.
- Start of mechanical erection activities in the Nuclear island critical rooms.
- TG31 and TG32 Final assembly, bearing closing, turning gear installation, insulation assembly.
- Completion of Mechanical Erection of Unit 3 Main Steam and Feedwater systems.
- Individial tests of Unit 3 LV/MV Cabinets.
- Unit 3 – Distributed control system power up.
- Full Scope Simulator
- Application Software Installed and Tested;
- Site Acceptance Tests.
- Refurbishment of hermetic cable penetrations at the Units 3&4.
- Fire protection lining and painting in auxiliary nuclear building
- Civil readiness for foundations under pipe bridge
- Concrete floor drainage in room A217
- Transport and assembly of 7th section of spent fuel pool in Unit 4
- Installation of instrumentation and control system cabinets
- Welding of stainless-steel lining floors on Unit 4 in A201/2, A301/2
- Grouting activities - works under the tripods of primary circuit of Unit 4
- Assembly of penetrations on the shaft no. 1 of Unit 4
- Concreting of floors and vertical elements in the vent stack
- Modernization of main circulation pump 3, 6
- Refurbishment of main circulation piping
- Erection of diagnostic system on steam generator 6
- Welding of support ring under core basket
- Erection of removable part of main circulation pump 2-6
- Three stand supports straining of main circulation pumps 1-6
- Transport of frames and pumps of sprinkler and low pressure emergency injection system
- Erection of bellows
- Blowing through the steam generator 1
- Commissioning of 110 kV back-up electric source
- Concreting of Unit 3 reactor postament
- Installation of 400kV electric switch yard
- Fresh nuclear fuel storage prepared for technology installation
- Assembly of all four steam turbines of Units 3 & 4 completed
- Safe Enterprise certificate for SE-MO34 site
- Refurbishment of internal walls of vent stack;
- Refurbishment of roof of nuclear auxiliary building;
- Refurbishment works of condensate tanks on the roof of auxiliary nuclear building;
- Seismic reinforcement of reactor building;
- Seismic reinforcement of internal walls of auxiliary nuclear building;
- Refurbishment of internal walls of connecting bridge;
- Installation of earthing networks of vent stack;
- Civil readiness of the emergency room in a simulator building;
- Hydrotest of spent fuel pool of Unit3 (shaft No. 1);
- Grouting of mechanical equipments (primary coolant pumps);
- Civil readiness for refurbishment of reactor upper block;
- Refurbishment of hermetic and non-hermetic zone in reactor building (Unit 3,4);
- Foundations for pipe bridge;
- Refurbishment of external walls of auxiliary nuclear building;
- Internal seismic reinforcement of connection bridge;
- Erection of fire protection lining in auxiliary nuclear building;
- Concreting works on postament of unit 3;
- Heavy concreting on postament of Unit 4;
- Reinforcement on postament of Unit 4 around shaft no.1;
- Concreting works around reactor pit of Unit 3;
- Erection and welding of main circulation piping in the steam generator box;
- Reactor pressure vessel of unit 4 transport and placement (2-3/12/2011);
- First turbine of Unit 3 installation (December 2011).
- Seismic reinforcement of reactor building roof;
- Seismic reinforcement of external structures of reactor building;
- Seismic reinforcement of steel structures of the turbine hall;
- Erection of new bridge crane in turbine hall;
- Refurbishment of turbines supports;
- Seismic reinforcement of internal steel structures of auxiliary nuclear building;
- Refurbishment of steam generators (unit 3);
- Refurbishment of 250t crane in the reactor hall;
- Reinforcement of roads, corridors and slabs for the reactor pressure vessel transport;
- Refurbishment of auxiliary structures for transport of reactor pressure vessel;
- Refurbishment of external walls of vent stack;
- Refurbishment of cooling towers;
- Reactor pressure vessel of unit 3 transport and placement (3-4/9/2010);
- Refurbishment of anchoring structures of steam generators (unit 3);
- Refurbishment of bubble condenser (unit 3);
- Refurbishment of external walls of reactor building;
- Removal of old moisture separators and reheaters (unit 3);
- Refurbishment of hermetic penetrations;
- Refurbished rooms in reactor building, number of rooms ready for mechanical erection:
- Unit 3: 328 out of 353;
- Unit 4: 197 out of 239.
- Main nuclear island contracts, EPCM contract for the conventional island and main I&C Engineering contract were signed and activities have started;
- Contractors' mobilization works completed (site services, site offices, ...);
- Evaluation of existing components;
- Refurbishment of reactor hall roof;
- Seismic reinforcement of the external walls of the reactor building.
|20 000 BC
Inhabited by humans, stone axe found
|1 259 AD
First written mention of a settlement called Mohi
Start of construction works
at Mochovce NPP – ground works
Start of construction works on Mochovce NPP unit 1 and 2
Start of construction works on Mochovce NPP unit 3 and 4
Replacement of the instrumentation and control system
Halt of the construction works
Re-start of conrtruction works on unit 1 and 2
Commissioning of unit 1
Commissioning of unit 2
Enel acquired 66 % of Slovenské elektrárne
Unit 1 and 2 installed output increased to 107%
Start of the Mochovce NPP 3&4 completion project
Stavebné práce: Inžinierske stavby Košice
Mechanické systémy: Škoda JS, ENSECO, VUJE
Elektrické systémy a prístroje: PPA
Systém kontroly a riadenia: Areva / Siemens
Ostatní dodávatelia: ASE, Rolls-Royce, GSE
Stavebné práce: ZIPP
Mechanické systémy: Škoda Power, Modrany Power
Elektrické systémy a prístroje: ČKD, PPA, Energo & Schneider, Brush SEM, Techimp